Salary; Exempt; Full-Time
The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for assisting the Superintendent with the entire construction project from mobilization to close-out. This includes assisting with field coordination, working closely with the sub-contractors to ensure that all work is carried out and completed with a high degree of quality, on schedule, and within the project budget. This position works the 2nd shift between 4:30PM -1:30AM.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with supervision of all trades and vendors on the project and coordinate amongst multiple trades to ensure the work performed conforms to the construction drawings and is held to the highest degree of quality.
- Oversee, schedule, and coordinate with trades.
- Communicate job progress effectively with all team members and provide reports on job status.
- Ensure all sub-contractors adhere to safety policies and all OSHA regulations.
- Ensure all quality control standards are met.
- Any and all additional duties as reasonably assigned.
This position will assist the Superintendent with the management of sub-contractors that have been contracted by the Company. This position will also assist the Superintendent ensure the sub-contractors complete the entire scope of work, per contractual specifications, and adherence to company standards.
- 1+ year of experience working in the construction industry is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management is preferred.
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Build for reporting and viewing plans is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Project) is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to review, understand, and interpret blueprints, construction drawings, budgets, contracts, submittals, RFI’s, and project document specifications is preferred.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with the ability to work well with all Company employees, customers, vendors, suppliers, and the general public.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the Company core values.
- Build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on the customer and solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish is a plus.
This position does not require travel, however, occasional local travel may be required. A valid driver’s license is a requirement of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position operates primarily on construction sites. The work involves prolonged periods of standing and sitting. The work will be performed at locations with degrees of temperatures and humidity. This role routinely uses standard construction equipment such as hand and power tools. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employees have a duty of care for the health and safety of their co-workers, customers, and the general public. Careless reckless action will not be tolerated.