Salary; Exempt; Full-Time
Fort Myers, FL
The IT Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance to computer users. This role will procure, update, and maintain hardware, software, and service accounts ensuring company computer systems and operations are sustained. The IT Specialist will also identify technological gaps and opportunities within the company and develop creative solutions while remaining cost effective and compliant.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Develop and maintain IT processes as needed.
- Manage and maintain the cloud-based identity and access management service system, currently Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and provide technical assistance and support.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Collaborate with external IT managed services partner when troubleshooting hardware and software support tickets.
- Maintain inventory counts on hardware assets, software licenses, and service accounts.
- Purchase equipment and services as necessary with management approval.
- Maintain company assets on the mobile device management (MDM) system, provide support, and develop appropriate policies to mitigate cyberattacks.
- Setup equipment for employee use, performing and ensuring proper installation of hardware and appropriate software.
- Maintain company software updated.
- Develop training materials and procedures to train users on the proper use of hardware and software.
- Prepare evaluations of current and potential software or hardware and recommend improvements or upgrades including cost benefit analysis and potential return on investments.
- Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
- Review, reconcile, and approve IT invoices and collaborate with Accounting Department to avoid inaccurate billing.
- Setup and maintain jobsite trailers with appropriate equipment, technology, and services.
- Maintain current knowledge of hardware and software technological trends.
- Any and all duties as reasonably assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent education, training, and experience is required.
- 3+ years of working experience in IT is required.
- 1+ year of experience working within the construction industry is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Azure Active Directory is required.
- 1+ year of experience with Viewpoint Vista is preferred.
- 1+ year of experience with Autodesk Build is preferred.
- 1+ year of experience with Procore is preferred.
- 1+ year of experience with Sage Estimating Core is preferred.
- 1+ year of experience with Sage Database Editor is preferred.
- 1+ year of experience with Planswift Takeoff is preferred.
- 1+ year of experience with iSqFt is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of internet security, cloud-based software, and privacy principles.
- Highly perceptive, capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Flexible with the ability to adjust to unforeseen circumstances.
- Positive, inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with the ability to work well with all company employees, customers, vendors, suppliers, and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities across departmental lines in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Polished and professional high level written and verbal communication skills with strong proof-reading/editing capabilities.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships values.
- Self-starter with the ability work independently and with little guidance.
- Build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on the customer and solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
This position does not require domestic or international travel, however, occasional local travel to the various job sites may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly sitting for long periods of time. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employees have a duty of care for the health and safety of their co-workers, customers, and the general public. Careless reckless action will not be tolerated.