Hourly; Non-Exempt; Full-Time
Fort Myers, FL
The Office Administrator is responsible for the overall coordination of the front office including answering incoming calls and receiving and distributing email, mail, and packages. This position is also tasked with assisting with several sub-contractor compliance duties related to the payment and verification of sub-contractors. This role will also provide general office support and assistance with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Their responsibility is to ensure all visitors and guests’ first impression of the Company is one that is aligned with our values and reputation of excellence and customer service.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and welcome all visitors and guests with a genuine friendly tone and appearance, and ensure they are comfortable.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Answer and screen calls, take detailed messages and alert respective parties.
- Receive, sort, and distribute all mail, faxes, and package deliveries.
- Monitor and distribute the Admin email box.
- Keep inventory of office, kitchen, and restroom supplies and place orders as necessary.
- Maintain safe and clean office including kitchen and conference rooms by inspecting daily and organizing/cleaning as necessary.
- Maintain building interior and exterior clean and inviting for guests.
- Assume all administrative and clerical duties when assigned and deemed necessary.
- Assist with sub-contractor check compliance, change orders, liability insurance compliance, pay applications, bond verification, and notice to owner’s process.
- Maintain the relevant accounting software modules and intranet sites relating to sub-contractor contracts, checks, change orders, liability insurance, pay applications, bonds, and notice to owners.
- Maintain Reception Log.
- Prepare sub-contractor communications via email and mail as necessary.
- Create “Check Release” in accounting system and mail sub-contractor check when approved and verified.
- Create and maintain physical job folders in the filing cabinets.
- Create new job numbers as requested.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 3+ year of experience providing administrative or office management support is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is preferred.
- Experience with Viewpoint Vista is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with the ability to work well with all Company employees, customers, vendors, suppliers, and the general public.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the Company core values.
- Build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on the customer and solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
This position does not require travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly sitting for long periods of time. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employees have a duty of care for the health and safety of their co-workers, customers, and the general public. Careless reckless action will not be tolerated.