Salary; Exempt; Full-Time
This position includes a $2,500 per month housing allowance.
The Construction Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates all construction activities on projects to ensure that the Client’s goals and objectives are met within the established timeframe and budget.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Review construction submittals and owner contracts to determine legal obligations and contractual requirements.
- Interpret construction plans and specifications, determine scope of work, and send out RFI’s to architects and sub-contractors.
- Manage construction change orders, contracts, verify, and coordinates sub-contractor compliance paperwork.
- Complete construction job cost forecasting.
- Coordinate construction work with Superintendents, architects, and engineers to establish priorities and ensure a smooth project from start to finish.
- Establish and maintain contact with sub-contractors to ensure the completion of project milestones.
- Ensure all quality control standards are met.
- Establish, monitor, and manage project safety controls.
- Maintain detailed notes and proper documentation of field operations.
- Prepare and lead all construction OAC meetings.
- Create detailed project schedule, manage, and monitor construction sequencing.
- Any and all additional duties as reasonably assigned.
This position may supervise Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers as assigned. This position will also be responsible for the management of sub-contractor’s contractual compliance for sub-contractors that have been contracted by the Company. This position will ensure the sub-contractors complete to ensure the entire scope of work, per contractual specifications, and adherence to company standards.
- 8+ years of experience as a commercial Construction Project Manager is required.
- 8+ years of experience managing projected valued at more than $3 million.
- Experience with independent living facilities, housing authority, multiple family homes, industrial, and/or educational institutions is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or any Engineering discipline is preferred.
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Build for reporting and viewing plans is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Project) is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to review, understand, and interpret blueprints, construction drawings, budgets, contracts, submittals, RFI’s, and project document specifications.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Conflict management skills with a proven record of developing solutions to complex manners.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with the ability to work well with all Company employees, customers, vendors, suppliers, and the general public.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the Company core values.
- Build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on the customer and solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish is a plus.
This position does not require travel. However, this position will primarily work on jobsites and occasional local travel may be required. A valid driver’s license is a requirement of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position operates primarily on construction sites. The work involves prolonged periods of standing and sitting. The work will be performed at locations with degrees of temperatures and humidity. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employees have a duty of care for the health and safety of their co-workers, customers, and the general public. Careless reckless action will not be tolerated.