Salary; Exempt; Full-Time
Fort Myers, FL
The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for the entire construction project from mobilization to close-out, by providing the knowledge, skills, and experience to run day-to-day operations on the job site. This includes field coordination, working closely with the sub-contractors to ensure that all work is carried out and completed with a high degree of quality, on schedule, and within the project budget.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Scheduling and coordination of all sub-contractors, vendors, consultants, etc.
- Oversee daily construction activities.
- Ensure all sub-contractors adhere to safety policies and all OSHA regulations.
- Ensure all quality control standards are met.
- Complete daily logs and proper documentation of field operations.
- Communicate job progress effectively with all team members and provide reports on job status.
- Ensure the project stays on schedule, provide schedule updates, and 3-week look ahead schedules.
- Coordinate and lead weekly sub-contractor coordination and safety meetings.
- Attend and participate in all OAC meetings.
- Manage and coordinate all building inspections.
- Any and all additional duties as reasonably assigned.
This position will supervise Assistant Superintendents as assigned. This position will also be responsible for the management of the execution of sub-contractor’s scope of work for sub-contractors that have been contracted by the Company. This position will ensure the sub-contractors complete the entire scope of work, per contractual specifications, and adherence to company standards.
- 8+ years of experience as a Superintendent is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management is preferred.
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Build for reporting and viewing plans is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Project) is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to review, understand, and interpret blueprints, construction drawings, budgets, contracts, submittals, RFI’s, and project document specifications.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with the ability to work well with all Company employees, customers, vendors, suppliers, and the general public.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the Company core values.
- Build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on the customer and solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish is a plus.
This position does not require travel, however, occasional local travel may be required. A valid driver’s license is a requirement of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position operates primarily on construction sites. The work involves prolonged periods of standing and sitting. The work will be performed at locations with degrees of temperatures and humidity. This role routinely uses standard construction equipment such as hand and power tools. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employees have a duty of care for the health and safety of their co-workers, customers, and the general public. Careless reckless action will not be tolerated.