Salary; Exempt; Full-Time
Fort Myers, FL
The Senior Project Manager must develop a plan of action to get a project completed, working across departments to ensure their needs and wants are included within the confines of the project and budgetary restrictions. This role will direct and coordinate all construction activities on projects to ensure that the Client’s goals and objectives are met. This role will manage various projects and will supervise multiple employees within the project teams.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop project execution plans that identify resource and budgetary needs.
- Host project meetings at least once a week with team and managers.
- Provide feedback, advice, project updates and encouragement to team members.
- Manage deadlines and push the team to ensure timeliness.
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Review owner contracts to determine legal obligations and contractual requirements and deliverables.
- Monitor and track request for information (RFI’s) and submittals to architects and sub-contractors.
- Manage change orders, contracts, verify, and coordinate sub-contractor compliance paperwork.
- Complete job cost forecasting and review accuracy of project team reports.
- Review job forecasts of Project Managers to provide feedback.
- Coordinate work with Superintendents, architects, and engineers to establish priorities and ensure a smooth project from start to finish.
- Establish and maintain contact with sub-contractors to ensure the completion of project milestones.
- Ensure all quality control standards are met.
- Establish, monitor, and manage project safety controls.
- Maintain detailed notes and proper documentation of field operations.
- Prepare and lead all owner-architect-contractor (OAC) meetings.
- Create detailed project schedule, manage, and monitor construction sequencing.
- Maximize customer satisfaction.
- Resolve disputed or not agreed upon sub-contracts, sub-contractor change owners, or owner change owners that are outstanding.
- Accountable for all project communications.
- Review and approve all critical or legal notices, letters, emails, and other correspondence.
- Maintain overall project organization.
- Mentor and train team and set expectations.
- Ensure procurement schedule is met to support construction schedule.
- Identify risk and properly document to avoid/mitigate.
- Provide oversight and manage all risk items on project including contracts, change orders, impacts/delays, and notices and letters.
- Schedule milestone management.
- Facilitate transfer of project from pre-construction to operations.
- Resource to project team when course corrections are needed.
- Oversee project controls.
- Develop team organization chart and secure resources needed for project success.
- Any and all additional duties as reasonably assigned.
This position will supervise the Project Management team, including Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Superintendents. This position will also be responsible for the management of sub-contractor’s contractual compliance for sub-contractors that have been contracted by the Company. This position will ensure the sub-contractors complete to ensure the entire scope of work, per contractual specifications, and adherence to company standards.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or any Engineering discipline is preferred.
- OSHA 30 certification is required.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Build for reporting and viewing plans is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Project) is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to re-sequence schedules to meet the overall master schedule and end dates.
- Understand and identify schedule keys and rules of thumb from other projects.
- Proactively forecast and evaluate project schedule.
- Ability to understand and practice strategic planning.
- Mitigate risks to profit from extras claims and disputes.
- Ability to review, understand, and interpret blueprints, construction drawings, budgets, contracts, submittals, RFI’s, and project document specifications.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Conflict management skills with a proven record of developing solutions to complex manners.
- Professional and refined presentation skills along with polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with the ability to work well with all Company employees, customers, vendors, suppliers, and the general public.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the Company core values.
- Build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on the customer and solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish is a plus.
This position does not require travel. However, position will regularly visit the various project sites. A valid driver’s license is a requirement of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position operates primarily on construction sites. The work involves prolonged periods of standing and sitting. The work will be performed at locations with degrees of temperatures and humidity. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employees have a duty of care for the health and safety of their co-workers, customers, and the general public. Careless reckless action will not be tolerated.