Salary; Exempt; Full-Time
Fort Myers, FL
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Manages job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Assist with pre-hire process, including background check process.
- Assist with new hire onboarding and coordination of new hire training.
- Continuously develop and maintain a broad knowledge base of employment laws while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Assist with all activities of the HR Team.
- Assist with internal customer service functions including employee requests and questions.
- Perform administrative HR tasks as requested.
- Any and all duties as reasonably assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent education, training, and experience is required.
- 5+ years of proven talent acquisition experience managing all phases of the recruitment process is required.
- 3+ years of talent acquisition experience in the construction industry is required.
- Working understanding of recruitment practices and trends is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Highly perceptive, capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Flexible with the ability to adjust to unforeseen circumstances.
- Positive, inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with the ability to work well with all company employees, customers, vendors, suppliers, and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities across departmental lines in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Polished and professional high level written and verbal communication skills with strong proof-reading/editing capabilities.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships values.
- Self-starter with the ability work independently and with little guidance.
- Build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on the customer and solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish is a plus.
This position does not require travel, however, occasional local travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly sitting for long periods of time. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employees have a duty of care for the health and safety of their co-workers, customers, and the general public. Careless reckless action will not be tolerated.