Salary; Exempt; Full-Time
Fort Myers, FL
The Construction Assistant Project Manager assists with the overall planning, direction, and coordination of all construction activities on projects to ensure that the Client’s goals and objectives are met within the established timeframe and budget.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise communication and correspondence for projects.
- Track RFI’s, submittals, and permitting.
- Coordinate bid documents and bid invitations.
- Manage change orders, contracts and verifies and coordinates sub-contractor compliance paperwork.
- Pre-qualifies sub-contractors.
- Submits and organizes all plans, drawings, and specifications for permitting.
- Communicates with municipal organizations and private entities.
- Resolve scope of work issues on project with and between sub-contractors.
- Identify QA and QC deficiencies and times.
- Any and all additional duties as reasonably assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, however, this position will be responsible for the management of sub-contractors that have been contracted by the Company. This position will ensure the sub-contractors complete to ensure the entire scope of work, per contractual specifications, and adherence to company standards. This position will also manage the job during the absence of the Project Manager and will prioritize work for the Project Engineer as assigned.
- 2+ years of administrative experience in the construction industry is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or any Engineering discipline is preferred.
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Build for reporting and viewing plans is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Project) is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to review, understand, and interpret blueprints, construction drawings, budgets, contracts, submittals, RFI’s, and project document specifications.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Conflict management skills with a proven record of developing solutions to complex manners.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with the ability to work well with all Company employees, customers, vendors, suppliers, and the general public.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the Company core values.
- Build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on the customer and solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish is a plus.
This position does not require travel. However, this position will primarily work on jobsites and occasional local travel may be required. A valid driver’s license is a requirement of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position operates primarily on construction sites. The work involves prolonged periods of standing and sitting. The work will be performed at locations with degrees of temperatures and humidity. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employees have a duty of care for the health and safety of their co-workers, customers, and the general public. Careless reckless action will not be tolerated.