The Old Lee County Courthouse has stood as a symbol of citizen participation and involvement in local government.

The Old Lee County Courthouse is a two-story plus basement structure built in 1915, with a two-story plus basement addition built in 1926. The U.S Department of the Interior added the courthouse to the national register of historic places in 1989, making it protected by the United States Government.

The restoration areas are located within the shared spaces on both the first and second floors and the stairway leading into the basement. The original materials and finishes that were carefully restored and preserved on the structure’s interior included mosaic tile flooring, marble flooring and stairway, marble wainscoting and baseboards, marble partitions and counters, marble window sills, interior brick veneer, and interior stone. The original materials and finishes restored and preserved on the structure’s exterior included the mosaic tiles located at the entrances.

Mary Cook, P.E.

Project Manager, Lee County

Chris-Tel and their subconsultant did an excellent job with this work. Specifically, Brandi Schulte and Bob Morgan were very responsive and easy to work with. They kept the County informed at every step and offered good solutions before problems arose. The job site was always clean and they did the work in an efficient manner. Bob’s attention to detail helped make this work turn out great.

Project Features
Industry:

Institutional

Sector:

Historic Restoration

Client:

Lee County Government

Architect:

Parker/Mudgett/Smith Architects, Inc.

Delivery Method:

Construction Manager at Risk

Completion Date:

October 2021

Construction Cost:

$300,000